My spin on Burt’s Bees citrus facial scrub. I love their products but sometimes i don’t have the money to buy their products or i don’t have the time to go out & buy it. I love their citrus facial scrub. It smells so good i want to eat it, seriously. I made my own facial scrub as you can see. Mine is on the left. I just reused the jar from the original product. My facial scrub/mask not only exfoliates your face but helps treat acne & help scars fade away. Any acne i get always leaves scars so i love using this. I was inspired by the others I’ve seen out there. I used what i had available & substituted some of the ingredients. So here it is. If you guys want to try it out yourself read below:
What you’ll need:
*cinnamon (anti-fungal, astringent, anti-viral)
organic coconut oil (moisturizer)
*organic honey (antiseptic)
organic aloe vera gel (helps fades acne scars among other things)
vitamin e oil (in pill form or in a bottle. Note: do not continue use if you notice it causes you to break out)
*a spoon (preferably not plastic)
What to do:
- add 1 tablespoon of nutmeg & cinnamon to the jar.
- microwave 1 tablespoon of honey for 10 seconds then put it in the jar. (this is just to make it easier to put the honey in)
- microwave 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for about 10-20 seconds depending on how long it takes to melt. (this part is mainly if your coconut oil is in solid form). Then add it to the jar,
- add about 1 teaspoon or half a tablespoon of aloe vera gel to the jar,
- add about 10 drops of vitamin e oil to the jar
- grip the spoon by the top (not the handle) & use the handle to mix all the ingredients together.
You don’t need to refrigerate it but store it in a cool place. You can adjust the recipe depending on how you would the like the mixture to end up. If you use more honey, coconut oil, or vitamin e oil etc the mixture will turn out more liquid based. if you don’t have some of the ingredients its okay as long as you have the ones with a * before them, & just substitute lemon juice for the other ingredients you don’t have (lemon also helps against scars & age spots). Also it make not look too pretty but it works :)